Culture Change is a Community Affair!
Young People Are Natural Change Agents…
Eden Apprentice Training invites young people, ages 11 to 24, to become change agents in their communities. Available as a comprehensive training kit, this 1-day experiential workshop promotes a vision of communities that view Elderhood as a valued phase of human development — where Elders are understood to have a gift or legacy to share with younger generations. Inspired by the notion that deep transformation begins with the education of youth, Eden Apprentice Training:
- Uses the Eden Alternative Ten Principles to reframe perspectives on aging;
- Inspires youth participants to support change at the grassroots level;
- Highlights how defeating ageism eliminates loneliness, helplessness, and boredom;
- Applies the Eden Alternative Domains of Well-Being™ to changing the culture of care by putting the person first;
- Offers a flexible format, easily customized for specific age groups within the target audience;
- Empowers participants to design their own intergenerational projects; and
- Promotes the creation of well-integrated, supportive intergenerational communities.
Comprehensive Training Kit includes:
- Scripted Facilitation Guide, adaptable for different age groups
- Best Practices Guide
- CD of Supporting Materials, including electronic version of participant workbook
Who Should Order this Kit:
Educators and trainers affiliated with schools, universities, faith-based and youth-centered organizations, retirement communities, and eldercare organizations, such as nursing homes, assisted living communities, home care agencies, and senior centers interested in engaging youth.