Director of Staff Development
Under limited supervision, the Director of Staff Development (DSD) effectively assesses training needs, plans, implements and provides in-service education and department specific new team member orientation. Ensures all medical staff is trained accordingly to provide care in accordance with our “Philosophy for Person-Directed Care.”, as well as in accordance with appropriate local, state and federal regulations. In addition the DSD assists in educating and treating residents.
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
• Assesses and identifies training needs through evaluation of staff and by keeping abreast of relevant medical advances;
• Provides in-service education for employees with emphasis on regulatory guidelines including OBRA, Title 22 guidelines, etc…;
• Evaluates of effectiveness of training programs, providing recommendations for improvement;
• Meets training requirements established by policy, Title 22 and OBRA in terms of necessary hours and topics available to Team;
• Provides in-services for team members campus wide as necessary;
• Provides new employee orientation for Team;
• Participates in outside educational programs in order to keep abreast of changes in the medical field;
• Develops and maintains professional contacts to network for guest speakers and topics for in-services;
• Provides individualized training when necessary for Team;
• Attends in-service training workshops and meetings as required;
• Conducts work tasks safely and in compliance with the facility safety program;
• Provides effective and courteous service to all residents, guests and co-workers;
• Performs various related essential duties as required;
• May perform Direct Care duties as required.
• Ensures licensure / certification of department team members are current and active
Completion of Accredited Licensed Nursing Program (RN or LVN)
• Clinical observation and assessment skills
• Proficient computer skills necessary to complete documentation, review electronic health records and communicate with team members.
• Minimum of two years of nursing experience or one year as a nursing supervisor
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
• Current California RN or LVN license
• Current CPR certification
• Must have a DSD certification per state regulation
• Bachelors of Science in Nursing
• Skilled Nursing or Senior Care experience
We are a high end continuing care retirement community located on 60 pristine acres in beautiful Santa Barbara, California. As part of the Cornerstone Affiliates organization, which includes American Baptist Homes of the West and be.Group, we are part of the largest, not for profit senior care and housing organization in California and the most pioneering!
We offer competitive compensation along with outstanding offerings of benefits which include: medical/dental/vision; PTO accrual plan; 8 Paid Holidays; 401k plans with employer match; long term and short term disability plans; pet insurance; use of community amenities and a whole lot more!
If interested in being considered or speaking with someone about this position, please apply on line at: https://www.humangood.org/humangood-careers. To apply for this position go to use Santa Barbara location.
Learn more about us at: https://www.valleverdecareers.com.