Got Youth? Defeat Ageism and Ableism.
Eden Apprentice Training invites young people, ages 11 to 24, to become change agents in their communities. Available as a DIY Education Kit, this 1-day experiential workshop promotes a vision of communities that view Elderhood as a valued phase of human development – where Elders are understood to have a gift or legacy to share with younger generations.
Inspired by the notion that deep transformation begins with the education of youth, Eden Apprentice Training:
- Reframes perspectives on aging and living with different abilities;
- Inspires participants to support change;
- Seeks to eliminate loneliness, helplessness, and boredom;
- Applies the Eden Alternative Domains of Well-BeingSM to changing the culture of care by putting the person first;
- Empowers participants to design their own intergenerational projects; and
- Promotes the creation of well-integrated, supportive intergenerational communities.