- See dementia and those living with it through different eyes;
- Experience the impact of ageism and ableism on individuals living with dementia;
- Understand how sensitivity, observation, and curiosity impact dementia care;
- Explore what individuals who live with dementia have to offer us;
- Learn how to deepen responsiveness to the needs of those living with dementia;
- Leave with practical, everyday skills for enhancing quality of life; and
- Gain practical approaches to relieving loneliness, helplessness, and boredom that draw on developing deep connections with people living with dementia.
When surveyed, participants of Reframing Dementia training…
- Experienced an 18% average shift toward person-directed perceptions of dementia care after only one day of training; and
- Confirmed, through a 95% affirmative response rate, that they would continue to use the Reframing Dementia DIY Education Kit to train staff.