NEEDED: Your wisdom and experience to inspire and engage participants of the 10th Eden Alternative International Conference.
We need your bright ideas and insights to help conference participants innovate, collaborate, and get results, as co-creators of a new culture of care and support.
Interested, but intimidated by the notion of presenting? No worries! The 2020 Conference Education Team is here to support and coach you, as needed. As a conference speaker, you will connect with many like-minded advocates, who will learn as much from you, as you will from them.
The 2020 Eden Alternative International Conference unites and engages people from all over the world. Conference participants include administrators, corporate leadership, certified nursing assistants, nurses, therapists, activity professionals, social workers, physicians, culinary professionals, home care/home health professionals, care managers, Elders and others accepting support, family members and advocates, youth, ombudsmen, policymakers, regulators, consultants, clergy, educators, researchers, and designers.
These are the core criteria used to review all proposals:
- Completeness of the proposal;
- Connection of the topic to the:
- The Ten Principles of The Eden Alternative®
- Eden Alternative Domains of Well-BeingSM
- Language of person-directed care and culture change
- Conference theme – Move Mountains: Innovate, Collaborate, Get Results
- Timeliness of the subject matter;
- People leave the presentation with actionable tools and next steps;
- Clarity and organization of the information;
- Presentation strategies based on adult learning principles and participant interaction;
- Presenter qualifications; and
- Overall quality of the presentation.
You will be notified by mid-September 2019, if your proposal has been selected.
- 60-minute session
- 90-minute session
- 120-minutes (2-hour)
Please feel free to submit more than one presentation proposal, each within a separate proposal form. The Education Team may ask some speakers to repeat their sessions during the conference and/or partner with other speakers for a session. We also invite you to partner up with other organizations/people and create a panel presentation to submit.
We believe that education must be interactive, interesting, exciting, unique and memorable. We ask that you craft a proposal that is based on the principles of adult-learning and person-directed care. We encourage the use of group activities, case studies (including data and outcomes), worksheets, audio-visual equipment, and actionable tools and resources that they can use to implement your ideas. The use of person-directed language will be important in the proposal as well as the final presentation.
The deadline for submitting a proposal is July 8, 2019.
2. If you submit more than one proposal, you must enter each as a separate form online.
3. Due to the continuing education requirements, we cannot accept incomplete proposals or proposals that do not meet the specifications.
4. You are expressly prohibited from promoting a company, services, or product during a presentation. If you wish to do so, please consider becoming an Exhibitor.
5. The Eden Alternative® reserves the right to request modifications to your proposal(s) before final selection.
6. You will receive a confirmation of your submission.
7. We will review and select presentations no later than mid-September 2019.
1. Speakers will travel at their own expense, including hotel cost, to the 2020 Eden Alternative International Conference in Denver, Colorado.
2. The speaker rate is $595 for the main speaker and one additional speaker (on the proposal) to attend the conference.
3. If accepted as a speaker, handouts for your session will be requested by March 1, 2020. They will be posted online for attendees to download and bring to the conference.
Questions? Contact Denise Hyde at email@example.com or 585-461-3951 x 3052.