Home is Where the Med Cart ISN’T
A 2-Part Webinar Series Created By The Eden Alternative
In our own homes, we don’t roll med carts through our living rooms dispensing medications to our loved ones. Taking medication in our own homes is a personal process, not a public affair. If we are committed to truly creating home for the people we serve, then why don’t we administer medications in a manner that truly honors the sanctity of their personal space and the relationships that thrive there?
And the plot thickens… did you know that removing the med cart also:
- Helps reduce the number of mistakes made when medication is administered;
- Encourages teams to simplify medication use and eliminate unnecessary meds;
- Deepens the development of meaningful relationships between Elders and employees;
- Protects the dignity, security and privacy of individuals receiving medications; and
- Positions teams to better optimize medication use for each individual?
Join an interdisciplinary panel of experts and change agents for this practical 2-part webinar series and learn how you can effectively put this vital change into action.
- Learn how removing the med cart strengthens person-directed care practices;
- Understand the return on investment for employees and Elders that this change offers;
- Identify barriers to success and how to remove them; and
- Initiate a QAPI process for removing the med cart based on a 6-step performance improvement model.
Part 1: Why We Do It
This Q&A panel discussion format will build the case for removing the med cart, identify potential barriers and how to remove them, and highlight specific success stories and positive outcomes experienced by organizations that decided to go for it.
Part 2: How We Do It
This practical workshop format will engage participants in exploring specific implementation tips, developing a plan of action, and designing a PIP focused on removing the med cart that is based on a 6-step performance improvement model called GROWTH.
~The option to pack the room full of as many people as possible, stretching your registration dollars.
~ Access to a recording link of the webinar event (both video and audio) that you may use again and again for one year.