Can We Talk? Communication
The Key to Person-Directed Care
Semester 4 (8 hours of education)
“The basic problem with communication is the illusion it has occurred.” ~ A Wise Elder
Communication is one of the greatest challenges that human beings face each day when in service to others. When do we talk? What do we say? When do we listen? What messages are being heard? How do we know if we are effective in our communications? Join us for an 8-part journey through the world of communication, in all of its various forms. Explore how effective communication strengthens relationships, honors diversity and inclusion, overcomes conflicts, helps others to grow, promotes empowerment and changes lives forever.
This semester course consists of eight, 1-hour webinar events. New and seasoned care partners from a variety of roles, including Elders, family members and volunteers, are welcome to join us to network, share and learn.
Semester 4 Content:
1. Communication, the Key to Strong Relationships
2. When to Talk and When to Listen: Effective Communication Skills
3. The A to Z of Written Communication
4. Diversity and Inclusion in Communication: Generational and Ethnic Differences
5. Conflict Resolution and Difficult Conversations
6. Coaching for Person-Directed Care
7. Communication as Empowerment
8. Communicating Well Changes Lives Forever
Please Note: Eden Alternative Academy Semesters are digital download products. After your payment is complete, you will receive a .pdf download in your order confirmation. Digital download products are not returnable and are, therefore, non-refundable.