Finding Eden in Behavioral Health
Semester 6 (5 hours of education)
The Eden Alternative journey has opened our eyes, minds and hearts toward the elimination of ageism and ableism. Along this path, we have shifted the paradigm to view Elders in a whole new way. This semester of the Eden Alternative Academy seeks to expand that paradigm shift to include those living with mental illness, struggling with substance abuse, and experiencing homelessness. Long-term care communities, as well as in-home service providers, are being asked increasingly to care for individuals living with behavioral health challenges.
Reaching beyond clinical and diagnostic perspectives alone, the purpose of this semester is to facilitate an understanding of how we can create meaningful care partnerships in behavioral health by applying the Eden Alternative Ten Principles and the Eden Alternative Domains of Well-Being®. Through this frame of reference, teams will be better prepared to facilitate the development of a supportive, trauma-informed, Elder-centered behavioral health environment.
Semester 6 Content:
1. Introduction to Mental Health, Substance Addiction, Trauma Informed Care and Principle One
2. Principle Two and Seven, a Pathway to Well-Being for Those Living with Personality Disorders
3. The Antidotes, and Meaningful Human Health with Principles Three, Four, Five, and Six
4. Complementary and Alternative Medicines with Principle Seven
5. Person Directed Care, and Wise Leadership with Principles Eight, Nine, and Ten
Please Note: Eden Alternative Academy Semesters are digital download products. After your payment is complete, you will receive a .pdf download in your order confirmation. Digital download products are not returnable and are, therefore, non-refundable.