Team Member Suzette Molina Looks Back and Steps Forward
Principle Nine of The Eden Alternative teaches us that we never stop growing and becoming. I reach out to you today to share how one member of the Eden Alternative Home Office Team will continue to grow. As you’ll read in her own words below, Suzette Molina, Eden Registry and Community Liaison, is venturing out on her own to start her counseling practice at the end of this year. While we are selfishly very saddened by this news, we are thrilled for Suzette and for the people she will impact in her new role. With Suzette’s help, we will be evaluating the Eden Registry and Community Liaison position and what skills and experience we need when we add a new person to the team. Suzette has been an incredible team member, and I know how important she has been to all of you. Please join me in congratulating her on reaching toward her dreams in this next phase of her life. She shares:
What a difficult letter this is to write!
After being with The Eden Alternative for almost 12 years, I’m moving on to pursue my second wind career and to be a care partner to my parents at the end of this year. I am starting my own counseling practice – something that has always been a goal for me.
The Eden Alternative has been my passion and my purpose. It has impacted me in countless ways. As I contemplate my departure these thoughts come to mind:
- Everything I know about aging, I learned from The Eden Alternative
- I learned that being a care partner means that you are just that… a partner
- I have learned that words create worlds and how easily one word a can change how you feel
- I have literally talked with thousands of people from all over the world – people who have the biggest hearts imaginable
- I have learned how to apply the Eden Alternative Ten Principles in my own home
- I have learned that it takes relationships to create well-being
- I have learned that I am in Adulthood, and if I am lucky, I will enter into Elderhood
- I have learned that being busy is not nearly as fun as simply being
- I have attended six Eden Alternative International Conferences and loved every second of each one of them
- I have made forever friends that will remain in my life boat until the dawn of time
As I like to say, “I bleed green!” and I will continue my Eden journey through care partnership and working with Elders and families in my practice. In the words of the great philosopher, Winnie the Pooh, “How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.”
Thank you all for being a part of my life!