The Path to Mastery Milestone 1 is Growing on the Registry
The conference calls covering Milestone 1 in the Path to Mastery are beginning to quicken pace as more and more Eden Alternative Registry homes complete this process. We continue to learn from the experiences of you, the experts, every day.
The Path to Mastery is a powerful new tool developed by The Eden Alternative® to guide organizations through the process of transforming their culture by applying person-directed care practices. Through the Path to Mastery, Eden Registry homes can benefit from the experiences of hundreds of other homes that have successfully transformed their care environments.
The kick-off for integrating the Path to Mastery into the Eden Registry was August 2010 and the goal is to help every home on the Registry begin their journey with Milestone 1 by August 2011. Denise Hyde and Suzette Molina are here to help you through this transition, and from their experiences so far, Milestone 1 is an easy step onto the Path to Mastery. Here are the homes that have completed Milestone 1:
BIG Congratulations to:
· Lenawee County Medical Care Facility, Adrian, MI
· Calhoun County Medical Care Facility, Battle Creek, MI
· Peach Tree Village, Brandon, MS
· Douglas Health & Rehabilitation, Milan, TN
· Sherbrooke Community Centre, Saskatoon, SK
· Avera Brady Health and Rehab Center, Mitchell, SD
· Avera Sister James Care Center, Yankton, SD
· Pinecrest Medical Care Facility, Powers, MI
· Elmhurst Extended Care, Providence, RI
· Masonic Village at Sewickley, PA
· Bethel Lutheran Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, Williston, ND
· Chateau des Mons, Englewood, CO
· Alaska Veterans & Pioneers’ Home, Palmer, AK
· Doak Walker Care Center, Steamboat Springs, CO
· Grand Traverse Pavilions, Traverse City, MI
· Fairview Manor, Fairmont, NE
· Sitka Pioneers’ Home, Sitka, AK
· St. John’s Home, Rochester, NY
· Kalkaska Memorial Health Center, Kalkaska, MI
· Westminster-Thurber Retirement Community, Columbus, OH
· Oak Manor Health Care, McKenzie, TN
· Burcham Hills Retirement Community, East Lansing, MI
· Alpine Valley Care Center, Pleasant Grove, UT
· Mt. Carmel Home, Kearney, NE
· Newaygo County Medical Care Facility, Fremont, MI
· Allegan County Medical Care Community, Allegan, MI
· Swan Creek Retirement Village, Toledo, OH
· Sunset Village, Sylvania, OH
· St. Mary’s d’Youville Pavilion, ME
Another 28 Registered Homes have completed their conference calls and another 33 have turned in their Assessment Tools and are in the process of setting up calls. We have surpassed our tipping point and will continue to work with every home on the Registry to assure your success in making the transition onto the Path to Mastery. Comments we are receiving continue to be positive as homes complete this Milestone. Themes include:
· An appreciation for what it took to get the journey started in the home.
· A celebration of how far the home has evolved on their journey.
· A wish that this type of tool would have been available earlier in their journey.
· Growth for the team as they have refreshed some of the Milestone 1 steps.
We know this change has presented some new challenges but also presents some great opportunities. Thank you again for pioneering this important change with the Eden Alternative!